Sunday, May 15, 2011

Early Mornings

I am not an early morning person.  I do not enjoy getting out of a comfortable warm bed to face the day, especially when even the sun has deemed it too early.



However, when you and your husband have jobs that start at 7AM, and have a dog that needs to be walked before, 5:45 comes only too early every day.

So, today I tried something new.  Instead of walking quickly, and thinking about how badly I wished I was still in bed, I actually slowed down, looked around, and maybe even.... enjoyed myself?  

The sun was rising (eventually), the sky was the most beautiful shades of blue and pink, Carter was walking peacefully beside me, I could hear birds. 

I felt completely alone in the most wonderful way.

 Sunrise at Algonquin Park, 2007

My life keeps teaching me over and over again these days that the simple things in life (like a great walk or a beautiful sunrise) are the things in life that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment