Monday, July 11, 2011

The Big 300

Today marks a fairly significant day in my life... in my sad, pathetic little life (read bitterness, not how I actually feel every day).

Today I hit the Big Three-Oh-Oh... as in, I have now applied to 300 jobs since graduating from my University of Choice with a glowing degree.

300 job applications ago, I was still bright eyed and bushy tailed about my future.
 
300 job applications ago, I was excited about filling out forms, making myself sound as good as possible, and naive enough to think it would be a cinch to get a career.

"I have a diploma AND a degree, it'll be so easy for me! Who wouldn't want these credentials? This personality? This amazing on AND off paper gal?"

Apparently, no one.
 
300 job applications ago, I thought my life was made in the shade.

Don't get me wrong - I have a good life.  I even have a job right now that I really like.  

Unfortunately, it's seasonal and one of those "living paycheck to paycheck/no benefits" deals, so it's not quite what I imagined for myself 300 job applications ago.

So I am raising a glass (of something strong) to this landmark day, and hoping (PLEASE) that maybe, just maybe, 300 is my lucky number.

This is what my frustration looks like on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment