Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday Bliss

It seems fitting that with my definite lack of posts for August, that the first one I do pertains to birthdays, especially because mine just happens to fall in August.

I've always had a soft spot for birthdays - I love an excuse to celebrate, and birthdays are the quintessential reason to do so.


Cake, friends, candles, celebratory drinks - what more could a girl ask for? Throw in a present or two, and life doesn't get much better.



I don't mind getting older either, although twenty-seven is MUCH closer to thirty than I like to think about.  However, thirty just means you have even more of an excuse to go all out.



I have to admit, I'm getting excited about the prospect of planning my future children's birthdays.

I have a feeling I'll be one of those moms going a bit crazy with themes, goodie bags (side bar - remember goodie bags? We need to bring those back, adult style!), big cakes, and lots of love. 

Most likely because my Mom always went out of her way to plan me the best birthdays growing up. Thanks Mom!

Birthdays - nothing beats them!

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to come..." - Robert Browning



No comments:

Post a Comment