Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dear Life...


Dear Life,

Sometimes, I need to take a break from you.
You get too difficult, too stressful… too needy.
I try to do too much, please too many, and almost always… fail.
So, I’m taking a break.

It doesn’t mean I don’t love you… you are very good to me.
But, sometimes, it feels like I’m not living you the way I want to,
And a divide is necessary.

Don’t take this morbidly, taking a break 
doesn’t mean I’m ending things!
It just means I’m taking a step back; a breather - 
a much needed mental (soulful?) vacation.
I’ll be revaluating, restructuring, and hopefully 
reconstructing a better you for myself.

Let me say this - I’m grateful for you.
You gave me an amazing partner to go through you with,
I have a cute dog, good friends, family that makes me smile.
I generally think I have a good grasp of you, 
I don’t think I take you too seriously,
But all of this doesn’t mean that I don’t need 
to separate myself sometimes.

I’ll be back soon, hopefully in better form than ever.
Ready to take you by the horns and live you
More fully,
More authentically,
More true.

With Great Respect,
Carling

 


2 comments:

  1. I really like this. Its clear you have an amazing grasp on things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous, whoever you are :)

    ReplyDelete