Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Perspective

I'm taking a breather,
and putting things into
perspective.

It's an anoying thing to do sometimes,
but completely a "must"
when your life throws you so
many lemons that you would rather
cut your own arm off than make any more
DAMN lemonade.
mmm, vodka.

So, I didn't get a picture perfect Thanksgiving.
SO WHAT.

Here is what I did have:

- A pretty amazing Thanksgiving lasagna with some
pretty fantastic family members.
- A lovely Saturday afternoon with my sister.
Yay sisters!
- A delicious sushi dinner with a friend.
(I got violently sick after, but that is definitely besides the point)
- A Sunday sleep in with my husband, something that for us and
our work schedules is extremely rare.
- Sunday night dinner with our little family of 3 (third being a dog, not a baby fetus,
in case you were getting ready to gasp)
- Good news that despite us leaving our 3 month old apartment,
we were approved for an even better (and slightly cheaper) one.

So... if I was on the outside looking in,
I'd be all
"what are you complaining about?
What a great weekend!
Really, no turkey? Too bad, so sad"

My quest to not compare my life to others,
for being grateful for what I have,
for looking more on the better side than the bad side
is a learning curve here.

Ah, perspective. 
Try it sometime!

Mr. Wilde always knows what to say...
one of my favourite quotes.

No comments:

Post a Comment