Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving?

So, today is Thanksgiving.
Is it? I'm not actually sure if Thanksgiving is Saturday, Sunday, or Monday.

Either way, it's here, or was here.

I'm feeling a bit "Grinch" like this Thanksgiving.

It came without turkey,
it came without stuffing...
it came without family,
it came with basically nothing!

(Rough Seuss rhyming there... on the spot, it's tough!)

I'm kind of a sucker for traditional,
over the top,
Thanksgiving with the Jones type stuff.

A la Rockwell if you will...

However, our Thanksgiving consisted of
my husband & I working, 
continuing our stressful housing situation,
and eating a makeshift chicken casserole 
with cranberry sauce late Sunday night.

It was maybe one of the most depressing weekends of my life!
(I have to apologize to a friend who I ate sushi with on 
Saturday night... I was not pleasant company. 
I'm sorry!)

I'm not even sure where this post is going...
if you are reading this, and you had a wonderful
time with family, ate lots of delicious food,
drank wine, relaxed, and had the smell of turkey 
consuming your house and giving you the warm & fuzzies inside,
enjoy it, and never take those moments for granted.

Be thankful.
xo.

Here's hoping to a better Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment