Sunday, December 18, 2011

Busy.... or Blessed?

I am SO busy.  

I know I'm not special, it's December, it's the Holidays - who isn't busy? 
(If you answered "me" I want to meet you immediately.)

Between family (we have SIX family Christmas's this year..... SIX!), spending time with friends, one husband's birthday (which this year turned into a ten day fest), present getting and giving, wrapping, baking, entertaining, and throw work in to the mix... yes, I'm one busy girl.

For a few minutes yesterday, I thought about how busy I am. And then I thought.... how LUCKY I am.  

I am lucky enough to have so much family that it takes six separate Christmas's to fit them all in.

I am lucky enough to have a husband that is loved so much he gets a ten day span of dinners, parties, and get together's.

I am lucky enough to have such good friends that I want to see, and who want to see me.

I am lucky enough to have some money (as little as it is!) to purchase gifts for the people I love.

I am lucky enough to have a job that I enjoy going to, and am doubly lucky for the fact that I am in an industry that should only employ their staff for the summer, but the snow is flying and I am still getting a paycheck!

I am lucky enough to have a warm and cozy house (complete with wood stove!) that is perfect for entertaining.

I am one lucky (or maybe blessed) girl.

So for the rest of the holiday season, I won't be thinking negatively at the busyness of the season.... but how awesome it is to have such a full and great life!

Cheers to the Holidays!





No comments:

Post a Comment