Friday, December 23, 2011

Things I Learned Working at the Mall Kiosk


Some people go to the mall all day. I’m talking 9 to 5 mall grazers. And they pace, all day long.

A vibrantly coloured matching sweat suit is dressing up to a lot of people.


Teen moms go to the mall for entertainment.

Mullets are in fact, still happening on heads all over Welland.


If you’re mean throughout the year, it doesn’t end at Christmas time.  You’re still surprisingly mean.


A lot of people can’t read, and they think signs for “2-4-1 Golf” really means “This is how much an entire membership costs!”

I am really good at Spider Solitaire.


I do not enjoy being coughed on, or around, or at.

People have very loud conversations about really stupid things.


Old men have no sense of personal space.

Old men have no sense of what a 27 year old woman (me) might find humourous 
(hint Old Man – it’s not your gross jokes about “quickies”)


Seeing old friends from elementary school is fun!

There are only so many trips to the “Dollarama” I can make.

Walking in circles around the kiosk does not kill as much time as you might think.

The internet gets surprisingly stale at about hour 5.


Not enough people are doing things on Facebook to entertain me.

Kids have big time meltdowns, and they aren’t fun to listen to.


When someone runs into you with a wheelchair, it hurts.

I am extremely bitter towards children 14 and under with better phones than me (I HATE YOU!)


Shriner hats make me giggle.


It's my last shift! HAPPY MALLIDAYS!

2 comments:

  1. haha awesome. at least you got this entertaining blog post out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way too funny!! only you carling :) only you :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete