Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Book Cake

There is something sad about finishing a really great book.

(Don't cry Dawson... Joey just doesn't love you "that way")

I'm a quick reader, and I wish I wasn't.

I wish I could read a book slowly, and savour it.  But no.  Instead, I scarf it down like the famous euphemism of the fat kid and cake. (Poor fat kid... he just really likes cake! Don't we all?)

(Finding a picture on the internet of a fat kid enjoying cake got weird for me, so instead, enjoy the words!)

I love to read so much, but when I'm nearing the end of an amazing book, there's a mini battle in my brain.

FINISH IT!
NO, IT'S TOO GOOD. I WANT TO READ IT FOR AT LEAST ONE MORE DAY.
FINISH IT BLONDIE.
BUT WHAT WILL I READ TOMORROW NIGHT BY THE FIRE? I WANT IT TO LAST!!!!
OMG, JUST FINISH THE DAMN BOOK.
...ok.

It's like losing a good friend. (Not in the morbid death way, just the "you're going back already? Can't we just hang out a few days longer?" way)

Anyway, I just finished another great book, and I'm feeling a titch melancholy.
and also... now I want cake.

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. haha i read waaaay too fast as well. i feel your pain - and probably exhaustion too. i am notorious for saying "one more page..." and before i realize it i glance at my clock to realize its past 2am and I am still reading ;)

    ReplyDelete