Thursday, May 31, 2012

Truth Monster

You know that whole
"The Truth Will Set You Free"
mumbo jumbo?

Yah, I don't know if it's all that accurate.

It may eventually be true,
but what about the one who tells you the truth?
Does it set them free?
Rarely.
I have always carried with me the belief that the truth is far better than lying.
You can do it tactfully and with loveliness,
but in the end, the truth is better.

OR IS IT?

I have consistently gotten myself into trouble over the years
for telling the truth.
Being the one, who, while everyone else is thinking it,
actually (God Forbid) says it out loud.
 And it usually ends badly.

I'm not sure where this part of me came from,
to tell the truth to those I love, but it did... and I'm over it!

I like that my friends want me to be the one they go shopping with
because they know I'll tell them what looks good and what doesn't.
Why would I do anything else?
If anything, it's for selfish reasons, because why would I want the peeps
I roll with to look anything but spectacular?

(peeps? roll with? who am I?)

But, from now on, don't ask me questions if you are only
prepared to hear what you want to hear.

I tell the truth - and if you want lies, talk to someone else.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Now I'm sure I'm just scaring everyone.

The TRUTH is,
I want people I love to be happy, and maybe
what I think really, doesn't matter.

I won't lie, but I can also keep my mouth closed.

Win Win.

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

 

No comments:

Post a Comment