Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tag Team Dinner

While we don't consider ourselves vegetarian, Chris and I eat a lot of meatless dinners.  Tonight was no exception, and it was extra delicious because we each made a different section, a little "marriage dinner tag team" event, if you will.

 I've never made cornbread before, but saw a recipe to make it in Cosmo (I know, cornbread isn't what you think of when you think Cosmo...)Chris wanted to make his Veggie Chili (a fairly regular appearance in the Course house), so I thought it made sense to put 'em together.

Cornbread is delicious! Especially right out of the oven... mmmm. (I added jalapeno, shredded cheese and kernel corn, as per Cosmo's "hot & spicy" instructions)


And I was sure to follow the directions on the packaging closely...


Cute.

Chris' Delicious Veggi Chili (complete with tofu & beer! in the chili!! WILD!)


Delish dinner. 

And I learned Chris & I make a rather good dinner making team.  I'm thinking some kind of "Cooking With the Courses" Food Network show any day now...

"Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with abandon or not at all" - Harriet van Horne

No comments:

Post a Comment