Saturday, October 8, 2011

Back to the Table

My husband and I recently had dinner at our dining room table, something we haven't done in quite some time. 

 I grew up in a family that had dinner every night at the dinner table.  It never even occurred to me that eating it on the couch in front of the TV was an option.  

Mostly because -  it wasn't.

My husband came from a like minded family as well.

Somehow though, over the course of our marriage, we have become a couple that eats in the living room, in front of the TV, on separate couches no less.

Not cool!!

So I set the table, lit a few candles, broke out the good plates.  And Chris and I had the most wonderful dinner! We talked, we giggled, we had a good time.

 look how much fun this couple is having!

Dinner at the table has become a lost art in the family unit, and something I think is absolutely one of the MOST important ways to stay connected.  My husband and I had a lengthy conversation about how important it will become when we have children of our own.  

 I imagine it will be just like this.

It's Thanksgiving weekend.  There are going to be a lot of meals - a lot of family time.  Be thankful as you sit around the family table, and try to do it more often. 

From a new Prime Maple Leaf TV commercial, on dinner time:

"Mothers, fathers, brothers, daughters
Gather round familiar quarters.
Tell us,
what happened,
this day.
Laugh some, share some,
Talk, and then some.

Fill your plates with love…
Time found, moments made."



Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Eating, Happy Dinner table-ing!








No comments:

Post a Comment