Saturday, September 3, 2011

Change, Schmange

Have you ever noticed that people who claim to "LOVE" change, really only love when things in their life change for the positive?



Like, I don't know many people who adore the change in their hair when it gets cut 5 inches shorter than expected, or turns a hideous shade of gray instead of "Light, Lustrous Ash Blond" like the box says.

But if you get the perfect cut, the promotion at work gives you an extra week's vacay (PLUS a raise, just for fun!), or the house your newly renting has a thousand dollars stashed in the wall.... change is JUST THE BEST! 

I have so much experience with this because I am one of these annoying "only like change when it's positive" type people.  



This is a bummer because I assumed I was one of those "really love any kind of change" type people. (Side bar - it's not that fun when you realize something about yourself you don't really like.)

I've got a lot of changes going on in my life right now - most negative.  No, this doesn't mean I'm terribly unhappy, just not dealing well with the changes.


I'm trying, like really hard, to not be afraid.

"Change in all things is sweet." - (get over yourself) Aristotle 


This might take a while.


 






1 comment:

  1. i like this post - it's cool that you shared a discovery about yourself and i laughed at the photo of you that you labelled "annoying"

    ReplyDelete