Saturday, September 24, 2011

Don't Believe The Hype

Last night I finally saw the movie Bridesmaids.


And I hate to tell everyone this - but it wasn't that good.

Wow, if the word "over hype" ever applied to anything, it is this movie.


I heard that it was the best movie (from some people) EVER, and that the hilarity rivaled that of Wedding Crashers and The Hangover. Are you kidding me?

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that it was the worst movie I've ever seen...

(this definitely is the worst movie I've ever seen)

But it just wasn't THAT funny.

I giggled a couple of times, but almost because I think I wanted so badly to love the movie, and I think I thought that if i LOLed, my brain would somehow agree that indeed the movie is as hilarious as everyone says.

Kristen Wiig, I love you. I just didn't love this movie.

(One of my favourite Kristen Wiig characters)

One of the redeeming qualities was the comedic talents of this guy (Chris O'Dowd).


He was great - and rockin' that amazing Irish accent.

I feel like people are going to come at me with hate for this opinion, and I'm sorry.
I really tried to like it.



I even started watching it again with the "unrated" version thinking that maybe I had somehow stumbled onto the lamer PG version.

Not the case.

Sorry!






No comments:

Post a Comment