Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Trial By Hair

My hair has caused me such grief over the years.

Too long, too short, too curly, too uncurly, not enough wave. Too dark, too light, too "what the hell colour is this", too oily, too dry.  Too many roots, not enough layers, way too many layers, nightmare bangs, not enough bangs.

Insanity in follicle form. Sigh.

For me, the "grass is always greener on the other side" saying has ALWAYS applied to my hair situation. When my hair is long, every girl I see with short hair is unbelievably smokin' hot.  When my hair is short, long hair is the only possible thing that can make me sexy.


You may see where this post is going - I want to cut my hair.  
My hair is sitting nicely just passed my shoulders, and I'm finally getting some length to these strands.  Length I desperately started going for 2 years ago, when my hair was doing that "short in the back/long in the front" 'do that was way too trendy at the time.

So what do I do? Do I get over myself, realize that hair is, after all, JUST hair, and go for it?

Or do I keep it long because I've been growing it for so long, and it looks okay? (Read okay. Not "super fab" or "extra amazing".)


A friend and I have the hair conversation almost constantly - we are what you might call hair soul sisters.  She says go for it, but I can see behind those brown eyes of hers the doubt - the "but your hair is long, what if you regret it? What if it's not what you expect? What if it looks amazing and then I start feeling like I too should cut my long hair?"

I think if my hair could like this on a daily basis, I would like my long hair more.
Yah. Complete with constant wind fan. Blake Lively - I hate you.


A few pictures of what I'm thinking about anyways.

Right? How gorgeous is she.

Please. It doesn't get much sexier.
This colour and cut make me want to kill myself, they are both amazing.

Dilemma, Dilemma, Dilemma.

"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair*." - Khalil Gibran

*I think that refers to long or short, so maybe it's time to get over myself, and just be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment