Thursday, September 15, 2011

Too Skinny?

I am a big Jennifer Hudson fan. While I'm not a listener of her music, I think she's talented, gorgeous, and seems extremely genuine.


However - lately, when I've seen pictures of her I'm not seeing the happy, beautiful woman I used to see.



There is definitely such thing as "too skinny", and I think she could now be the poster girl for how a lot of weight loss can look unattractive.

I was really impressed with her initial weight loss - that's a great accomplishment.  But, as usual with Hollywood, she's taken the pursuit of "beauty" to an extreme that I would consider unhealthy.

Her weight loss makes me angry.  It makes me angry for people like myself who look more like a "before" Jennifer Hudson than an "after".  

I fail to see the problem with this picture.


I didn't realize my hands have to fit completely around my waist to be beautiful and happy. 


I wish this was still okay, but apparently it's just not good enough.


"Everyone is unique. Compare not yourself with anyone else lest you spoil God's curriculum." 
- Baal Shem Tov

I'm trying Baal, I'm trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment